Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Windows

No, this isn't a post about the The Doors' sister act, The Windows.

This is a post about how the DC weather gods have finally deemed the area worthy of receiving some cooler weather, beautiful sunshine, and chilly nights.  Autumn is in the air, and with the fall coming, the air conditioners are being turned off in favor of the scents and sounds of the season.  Puppies are running around outside, thankful for the break in the weather.

Marty is not one of those puppies.

Don't get me wrong.  Marty loves playing outside and loves sniffing all the flowers and new smells.  What he doesn't like (you might have alluded this from the title) is the windows being open all of the time.

With the windows being open, all of the loud noises that were muddled by the air conditioner running and windows being shut are now coming to him in full force.  He didn't like the noises outside, and having them now inside have put him on edge.

Maybe I should rephrase that.  He's not "on edge," like he's going to go postal or something, he's more...ready to jump at a moment's notice.  He still prances around the house like a madman, sniffing and giving kisses to everyone he can, whether they want it or not...Daisy, picking up toys and discarding them just as quickly, but, as soon as he hears a loud noise from outside, he darts towards his crate, my room, me, etc.

On one hand, I feel bad for the little guy.  There's construction going on a few blocks away, loud trucks drive by all of the time, and across the street is being repaved, so there's a lot of noises flooding into my little guy while he's in his crate all day.

On the other hand, I think this is really good for him.  He's in his safe place, hearing all of the loud obnoxious noises (cannot even begin to describe how much my hate for loud motorcycles has grown over the past few months) and is slowly getting used to them.  Today, we went out on a walk and motorcycle drove by and Marty didn't give it a second's thought.  I think that he's going to start tuning out more and more of the loud noises and eventually not be scared of them anymore.

I do feel bad for the guy, but in the end, this is probably the best thing for him.

Sorry for no new pics!  I'll take some more for a post I'm thinking of for tomorrow

K byeee

No comments:

Post a Comment